Pregnancy Massage Brisbane
With two convenient Brisbane locations – Loganholme & Strathpine
The Benefits of Massage during pregnancy
- Massage enhances the experience of Pregnancy. Nurturing the body by releasing tension, minimising muscular imbalances, & generating the relaxation response in the body.
- Regular massage shortens labour time.
- Alleviates sciatic pain.
- Eases tension in the lower back & neck, & minimises leg cramps.
- Increased relaxation assists in reducing stress & insomnia.
- Increases blood & lymph flow which aids the elimination of toxins, therefore reducing fatigue & fluid retention.
- Stimulates the release of endorphins – the body’s natural pain killers.
- Helps increase circulation, delivering more oxygen & nutrients to mother & baby.
- Relieves headaches.
- Stress relief of weight bearing joint such as ankles, lower back and pelvis.
- Neck and back pain relief caused by muscle imbalance and weakness.
- Assists in maintaining proper posture.
- Improves circulatory system decreasing progression of varicose veins.
- Prepares the muscles used during childbirth.
- Post natal massage assists in toning & detoxing muscles after childbirth, increasing strength & flexibility.
Every Pregnant Woman Deserves Some Pampering…
Most mums to be realise very quickly the high demands pregnancy places on their body and how essential it is to be nurtured at this time. Massage during pregnancy not only relieves the tensions and discomfort caused by the extra weight and the shift in your body’s centre of gravity it also reduces swelling, calms the nervous system and reduces fatigue.
Your health and vitality has never been more important than when you’re pregnant. The physical changes of pregnancy can be stressful and a soothing massage from our highly qualified & experienced therapists specialising in pregnancy massage can loosen tight muscles and relieve tension. During your massage your body awareness becomes more noticeable & our therapists will help you to identify tension areas. They will nurture you through your pregnancy and teach you stretches to help minimise your discomfort at home. Pregnancy massage at Precious Previews can be done in different ways. Pregnant women may lie on their side comfortably supported with pillows to ensure that they are lying in a comfortable position or if preferred they can lie on their tummy on a massage table specifically designed for pregnancy massage. (see photo example)
Regular massage will help you prepare for the birthing process by giving you an awareness of tension in your body and by assisting you to focus on breathing and relaxation techniques. Regular massage throughout pregnancy can also shorten labour time and make the return of your optimal fitness easier. It is important to remember that it is essential to care for yourself in the post partum weeks following the birth of your baby as it is during your pregnancy. Post natal massage assists in the healing of your body by increasing circulation, promoting relaxation and gently coaxing your body back to its original shape.
It is recommended that massage treatment will only begin after the first trimester of pregnancy, Precious Previews therapists will consult with you about any conditions or problems during your pregnancy as certain factors will determine whether massage is suitable or not. No essential oils will be used, only organic base carrier oils.
Massage Cancellation Policy
Due to the popularity and increased demand for our Pregnancy Massage services. We require 24 hours notice of cancellation. or a $20 cancellation fee applies if you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment and the required notice is not given.